Sterling Gymnastics Academy values our customers’ privacy and is committed to protecting their personal information. This privacy notice summarizes what information we collect and how we use it. It applies to our Websites, Apps, and Social Media Pages and to our communications with you via text message and email.
Throughout this policy, we may refer to Sterling Gymnastics Academy as “SGA,” “we,” “us,” or “our.” When we say “Websites,” we mean Sterlinggymnastics.com and any other microsites or mobile websites we operate or use. “Apps” refers to the mobile applications we make available for download on your personal device. “Social Media Pages” are the official social media pages we operate on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms. If you have any questions about these definitions or anything else in this privacy notice, email us at Info@sterlinggymnastics.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect different types of information about our customers, Website visitors, and App users. In the past 12 months we may have collected:
- Location: We use various technologies to learn your geographic location, including by collecting your IP address or other device information, which may depend on your device’s settings for location services.
- Device Information: When you visit our Websites, use our Apps, interact with our Social Media Pages or online ads, or open our emails, we learn about your browser, device type, IP address, internet service provider, and other technical information about your device.
- Contact Information: We’ll collect contact information, which includes personal information like name, email address, phone number, and address.
- Payment Details: Your payment details can be collected within your account or in connection with an order.
- Call records, email records, text records, and chat logs: If you call, email, text, or chat with our customer service agents, we may keep records of those conversations.
- Shopping History: We keep track of your shopping history with us, including the items/services you purchase.
- Websites/Apps Interactions: We collect information about your interactions with our Websites and Apps, including pages visited, links clicked, buttons clicked, mouse movement, scroll behavior, and non-sensitive keystroke activity. This data may then be used to create a “session replay” of your interaction, which may be used to troubleshoot customer service issues, either individually or in the aggregate, to improve site functionality and to analyze user interaction. This information could include personal information, depending on what information you provide.
- Submitted Content: We collect any content you submit to our Websites, Apps, and Social Media Pages, including photos, videos, or reviews.
- Demographic Information: We have access to demographic details about our customers like birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other similar details.
- Social Media Usage: We receive aggregated information about people who visit and interact with our Social Media Pages. “Aggregated” means information that doesn’t include personal information associated with identified people.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may collect the information described above directly from you, from third parties we partner with, or through cookies or other automated means. These sources may include:
- You: We collect information directly from you, whenever you: make a purchase; visit a store; contact us with questions or comments; upload content to our Websites, Apps, or Social Media Pages; enter our contests or sweepstakes or contests or sweepstakes we are affiliated with; create an account; respond to a survey; opt in to text messages; apply for a job or opportunity; or fill out any forms on our Websites, Apps, or Social Media Pages.
- Your Device or Browser: Certain information is automatically collected from your device or browser and analyzed when you visit our Websites, use our Apps, interact with our Social Media Pages or online advertising, interact with our Wi-Fi, or open our emails.
- Third Parties: We work with third parties who provide services to us, like analytics or advertising companies. These third parties share information they have collected with us. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Social Media Platforms: Social media platforms share information, which is typically aggregated and doesn’t include personal data, with SGA. You can learn more about how social media platforms collect and use your information by reviewing their privacy policies and settings.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect for the following business purposes:
- Fulfillment: Fulfilling your orders and other requests, including processing payments and delivering packages.
- Advertising: Presenting advertising online and via email, text messages, or other communication channels, including through partnerships with social media platforms and internet search engines.
- Understanding Our Customers: Analyzing your activity with us (including your interactions with our Websites, Apps, Social Media Pages, and emails or other forms of communication) and monitoring the effectiveness of our advertising and communications.
- Personalization: Using your preferences and other collected information to personalize our relationship with you, including presenting customized communication, advertising and experiences on our Websites, Apps, Emails, and ads on Social Media.
- Communications: Communicating with you, including responding to your requests and asking for feedback through surveys or other messages.
- Promotions: Running contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions.
- Hiring: Recruiting and hiring SGA associates.
- Customer Experience: Serving content on our Website, Apps, and Social Media Pages, developing our products and services, and constantly improving our customers’ experience.
- Security: Protecting SGA and our customers from fraud, security threats, and other illegal or harmful activity.
- Legal Obligations: Complying with legal and regulatory requirements and responding to requests from courts or other government bodies.
DO WE SHARE INFORMATION?
SGA may share personal information with third parties for certain purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Affiliated Brands & Companies: We may share your information with our affiliated brands, like Sterling Gymnastics LLC., as well as other related companies.
- Service Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with many aspects of our e-commerce business, including fulfilling orders, advertising, analyzing your interests and activity on our Websites, Apps, and Social Media Pages, and helping us communicate with customers. These third parties may provide services related to any of the purposes described in How We Use Your Information, and we may share with them any types of information described in Information We Collect. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected. Some of these third parties may be located outside the United States. Your information may also be collected and processed by third parties, such as the payment providers you select, who will process your information independently in accordance with their own privacy notices.
- Marketing Providers: We partner with third parties to assist with the advertising and marketing of our business. We may share with them the types of information described in How We Use Your Information. We may also receive information collected by these third parties and combine it with the information we have collected.
- Other Third Parties: We will disclose information about you, including to government bodies or law enforcement agencies, when we believe it to be necessary for compliance with the law or to protect the users of our Websites and Apps, our Websites and Apps, or the public.
- Parties to a Business Transaction: If SGA were ever merged with or acquired by another company, or it acquires another company, or is involved in a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control, your information could be shared with that business entity.
Your Privacy Choices
You can control the information we collect and use in the following ways:
- Location Information: You can disable location-based services on your mobile device or web browser by adjusting the settings on your device or browser. This will prevent our Websites and Apps from accessing your location information. Note that some services, including check-in or nearby store locations, may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Push Notifications: We only send push notifications to Apps users who agree to receive them. To stop receiving push notifications, adjust the settings on your mobile device.
- Emails: You can unsubscribe from marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of such email or by updating your marketing preferences in your account profile.
- Texts: We won’t send you any text messages unless you consent to receive them. To stop receiving text messages, including shipping alert text messages, reply “STOP” to any text message you have received from us.
- Online Accounts: You can keep your contact information and payment methods accurate and up to date by logging into your account on our Websites or Apps.
- Social Media: This privacy notice doesn’t cover the privacy and security practices of social media platforms on which SGA has Social Media Pages. Please review the terms, policies, and settings of those social media platforms if you have questions about how they collect and use your data.